AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two blu ray players: Panny 350 and a Samsung c6900. They can both access my networked hard drive, but they have alot of trouble with all the video codecs out there (many times the file will play w/ a green picture)... Q1 - Is there a decent codec that I can use that these two should be able to interpret? Q2 - What program should I use (i dont care if it costs) to convert my downloaded movies into one of the useful codecs.

Many people tell me to just buy a media center, but there is no need if I can figure out how to properly encode the video.

If, when i try to open a file from the blu ray player, it doesnt work, then I can always push the content from the desktop to the tv, but then i bypass my avr (denon 3311).

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Hey,

You need to find out what video codecs these players support from their respective manufacturers. Then just use the best codec that's common to both.

·
Registered
36 Posts
A bluray player is almost guaranteed to support h.264 for video codec and AAC for audio codec.

In the end though you may be better buying something like WDTV live. The reason is that transcoding takes a LONG time. You also lose quality when you transcode from one format to another. With something like the WDTV live you just play the file as is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.