AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to us my PlayStation 3 to stream video but i noticed sometimes the movie will be choppy in playback. I was using a G router so i figured I'd go out and get a N router to correct the problem. Only I noticed the same thing was happening. Both routers I've been using are Linksys. The new one I bought to day is the E1000 and i noticed that bestbuy has the E3000 optimized for streaming HD video. Is there any suggestion someone can give me do I need to get the E3000 or is there a setting in the software I'm using. The software is called PS3 Media Server. Any help would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Did you upgrade the game player's wireless too? If your playstation is still using G changing the router won't help. I don't even try to stream wireless. Cat5 or Cat6 cable is the way to go, IMHO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure PS3 is only wireless G so if thats true then there's no point in trying to stream some of those files. The strange thing is when I stream AVI thats is only about 700MB the video quality is poor but it works fine. Its just when I up the size.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts