AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't sure where to post this so I'm just gonna post in this thread and directly in the forum. I recently bought the Denon 1712 receiver and I have been having problems with getting my blu ray player (panasonic dmp bd60) to output clear video. Basically, when connected to HDMI 1 on the receiver, the video cuts in and out with lots of snow/white sparkles. On the other HDMI inputs, there is mostly just snow. I previously had a sony receiver and I never had this problem. I tried resetting the receiver, resetting the blu ray player, and I ordered a new cable from mono price (to replace my old cable from mono price). None of this worked. I did find something interesting though. On the blu ray player, I tried changing the output resolution to 1080i from 1080p and lo and behold, the video is great. No more snow. No more video dropouts. Lower resolutions (720p) has the same effect. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Is it the monoprice cable? As a side note, my tv is a panasonic viera and this problem does not happen with my other devices such as the boxee box and cable.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did you ever resolve this? I am having a similar problem with my Panasonic DMP-BDT110 running through a Denon ARV-2112ci to a Samsung PN63C8000 TV.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts