AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Toshiba CW34X92 Direct View set. I am struggling in setting the color using either Video Essentials or Avia. Both show Color should be set at close to 70% and Tint at about -6 to -8. It seems that with the color at 70, the intensity is a little high. I have the contrst set at 50%, Brightness at 62% and Sharpness at 0, all arrived at with Video essentials using a HD input on the set and using a Toshiba SD-5109. I would appreciate anyone's comments. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

If there are colour decoder errors, the blue filters will not work properly via VE or AVIA. They will typically give you a colur setting that is too high.

This is the fault of the TV's decoder and not your eyes or the disc itself.

The DVD's tell you where the "Too high" point is. Now you have to decrease the saturation to a point where the red stops glowing and where you can live with it.

Regards

------------------

Michael @ The Laser Video Experience

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Michael: Thanks for the reply. What about getting an ISF calibration on this set? Have you worked on this set? Does each mode (tuner, video 1,2,3, and HD1 and HD2 have to have their own settings. Thanks for any additional help you can give.

Jim

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

The design mode on the set makes calibrating the TV really easy ... as well, customizing it for most of the "input signal types" is also possible and a breeze if you know where to look.

Set should calibrate easily and well.

Obviously, you won't get a calibration like what I describe for the standard $175 for direct View tube sets. A comprehensive calibration will cost ... more.

Regards

------------------

Michael @ The Laser Video Experience

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.