AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Thanks.

I ordered it. Does anyone know if VE comes with the filters like Avia? Some young relatives have misplaced two of my Avia filters...

I passed through Beaverton on vacation last week, BTW. Don't get out that way much. Wonderful trip.

Later,

Doug

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm guessing that the reason why VE is being discounted so much is because Joe Kane is getting ready to release the second version in the near future. I think there will likely be some more info after CEDIA. I've always preferred Avia for it's ease of use, but VE is functional and at a great price.

Regards,

Kam Fung

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Got one. Thanks!

Carey

·
Registered
547 Posts
that's what I am afraid of, this dvd is old, out of date!

the next version should include tests of new audio format:

dts ex,

dd ex,

prologic II,

as well as

more test patterns,

trailers,

ect,

don't buy, wait for the new version!

seng

·
Registered
75 Posts
Carlos

I could choose Sweden on both state and country so if you look again you will probably find Belgium in both places, if not simply choose other for the state.

/Anders

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by anwe:
Carlos

I could choose Sweden on both state and country so if you look again you will probably find Belgium in both places, if not simply choose other for the state.

/Anders
I looked and didn't find "Belgium" but I found "other" in the State select box. Thanks Anders. I will try it immediatly.

Anyway, I contacted "David" (@dvdinternational.com, webmaster?) and got no answer yet.

Bob, dear "Sultan of Cheap", I appreciate your offer. If I can't get one, I will contact you. Thanks a lot.

Carlos

·
Registered
62 Posts
Seems this deal is over. Just followed the link and they say its over. Bummer.

------------------

Technology Rules!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I received my disc yesterday.

I too think that they're trying to get rid of these discs because they're getting ready to release a new version. The audio tests are rather outdated, and the menu system is really bad.

Nevertheless, I bought a copy, because the tests that ARE on the disc are good, and $15 is a very good price. The new one will probably cost much more, my system doesn't need anymore audiotests and I, being a cheap b*****d, can live with the crappy menu system http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif .

/Mike

[This message has been edited by Micke S (edited 08-09-2001).]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Micke S:
I received my disc yesterday.

I too think that they're trying to get rid of these discs because they're getting ready to release a new version. The audio tests are rather outdated, and the menu system is really bad.
I also received mine yesterday. Now that I own it, I can say what I've always known: VE sucks. Glad I didn't pay $50. AVIA is a much better product. I'll probably sell it on eBay. I know I'll find a sucker to buy it for a profit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.