AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I want to buy a video game capture card for capturing my PS3 and PS4 footage. I have the following Setup:
My consoles are attached to a AVR which sends its output to a TV or a Projector. My PC is in another Room, but to my "Home Theater" is a 2TB NAS -> which leads to my Question.

Which is the best Game Capture Card which can be connected by LAN?
I wanna save the footage directly to the NAS (it has no USB Connectors), as my Computer is not in reach.

I checked the most popular Game Capture Cards (Roxio, Elgato, Hauppauge, AVermedia) and for me, the Elgate HD 60 made the run (according to most users, its one of the best). But it seems it has no LAN Port. It seems you can connect the AverMedia Game Capture HD II by LAN, but isnt this an outofdate Model?

Thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey there, the Game Capture HD II (GCHDII) is a great capture device (I have ownd mine since it launched off the shelves) and while it does have a LAN port there is no support to stream your game footage over LAN. What I do is record my footage (by adding a 2.5" sata hdd to the underbelly of the GCHDII) and then transfer my footage to a usb stick. Pop it into my macbook when I feel like it and transfer the file over to my NAS. Yeah, it's time consuming but until someone actually hacks the firmware of the GCHDII that's what we got from it. A very solid capture device if you're looking to invest in one. It is fine for your PS3 & 4.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts