Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Does anyone know if a mount exists for theater chairs on which you can use video game controllers like a joystick/throttle or a steering wheel? If not, did anyone build one? I have the Berkline 088s and I would like to play my racing and flight sim games. I got one of those clip-in snack trays, but it does not accommodate a steering wheel. I had an idea of building a board that spans the length of the arms, and would be held by the cup-holders (the board would have two cylinders surrounded by foam on the bottom). My guess that there would be the problem of the cup-holders not being deep enough, causing the board to come loose. Perhaps the board would have two snack tray clips on the bottom? Basically, I'm looking for a solution that offers stability and would be easy to mount/remove.

I'd appreciate any feedback!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I don't know about that, but here is what one creative forum member did (I wish I could remember who this belongs to!):

·
Registered
778 Posts
I belive a member made a custom snack tray and used a pvc size adaptor to fit the cup hole - I think it was a 3-4" reducer (check the mesurements of your holder).

Buy two of them. If they fit snuggly find a way to attach them to a board and you will have a clamping surface.

I like the idea, but I don't think I'd be able to reach the foot peddles in my 099s comfortablly (and I'm 6')

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Very slick Pam.I'd be curious to know who that was as well..

brickie

·
Registered
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by PamW
I don't know about that, but here is what one creative forum member did (I wish I could remember who this belongs to!):
If my wife came downstairs and saw me sitting in that contraption it'd be all over. :) For the sake of our marriage, I'll resist putting something like that together.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Man, Jeff - that's extreme!!!

(I will NOT show this to my 13 and 11 year old sons...I will NOT show this to my 13 and 11 year old sons...I will NOT show this to my 13 and 11 year old sons...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.