AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to buy a new 720p dlp sometime in the new future.

does the mitsu wd52725 have issues with video game lag?

i've read that samsung does. what about the other brands? toshiba doesn't right?

i have a ps2 and would like to continue to play it on my new tv. i probably will only play gt4 on the ps2 until i get an xbox360.

gt4 does have a 1080i mode, so would i have a lag problem were i using this output on these dlp tvs?

i've also read that gt4 doesn't look as good at 1080i as 480i, is this true?

i've tried searching but have not found any definitive answeres. i'd appreciate your help and/or comments.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well, I haven't done a ton of game playing on my 52725, but in my limited experience with a PS2 and an X-box, I didn't notice any lag...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, lombard. have you had any problems with your 52725?

anyone else have any complaints about the 52725?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i got madden 06 today for ps2 and I do indeed have a lag problem with the 52725. i have read that if a game is in 480p or higher you won't have lag, but this game seems only to be in 480i which is very disappointing and therefore has a slight controller lag.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks. i doubt i'll be playing anything other than gran turismo 4, which supports 480p, so i hope it won't be a problem. it's a little surprising that companies haven't resolved this issue with their newer models.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Overall, I've been really happy with my 52725. Like I said, not a whole lot of time with the gaming consoles, but DVD playback at 480p has been excellent. Not too happy with SD TV content, but a lot of that can be attributed to my stand alone TiVo and analog cable. SD digital from OTA is spectacular and HDTV from my antenna is excellent as well. I'm too accustomed to time shifting my TV to have spent much time watching HDTV, but what I've seen is great. Waiting for TiVo to release their "announced" cable card HDTiVo to really watch any HDTV.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i don't expect SD analog to look all that great. i'll hopefully also be building an htpc with dual hdtv tuners to do my hdtv timeshifting. what kind of antennas are good for ota hd? i live in a dorm, so i can't install an exterior antenna.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i went to tweeter today to look at some dlp tvs. i asked the salesman about video game lag problems. at first he didn't understand what i was asking since he kept talking about how the display has no lag and that the lag is created by the "wireless controller" (whatever that means). i tried to explain to him that the most probable cause for the lag is that the tv must convert 480i to 480p, which some dlp tvs perform slowly. i don't think he understood what i was saying but nonetheless was very confident that the samsung dlps exhibit no lag while playing video games. the funny thing was that he said, and i quote, "i'll give you a hundred dollars if there is any lag." i'm thinking i should go back with my ps2 and get my hundred dollars, but i'm sure he's not going to pay up. anyways, i thought some might find this story funny...

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's the first I heard of a Mits having lag problems, has anyone else had a lag with the Mits...I was planning on getting the 62628 shortly!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.