AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to shoot a quick 5 minute video of my HTPC. I revamped the GUI interface to look smoother and more professional. Thoughts?
Most of the photos I posted a while back but I'll throw one or two back up.

Everything is 720p/1080p MKV converted Blu-Ray rips and stored on the hard drives.

I first loaded up the main program which is directly executable via the remote controls (Gyration RF based remote or my iPhone 3GS can operate the system). Once loaded I start with the audio interface. From there, I cycle into the sorted TV shows (everything is indexed with descriptions and whatnot like a TV guide). From there I loaded up Planet Earth HD and for some reason youtube dropped my frame rate across the board for a while no idea why.

Then the movie section. This is sweet because instead of having to cycle through 200 HD movies I can easily bring up certain ones via a filter (genre, year it came out, what actor in it, etc.) I decided to pull up just animation films for a start then I loaded up the whole listing and pulled a 1980s classic. Lastly I ended up with some simple DVD playback and that's all she wrote.

Custom HTPC, Klipsch Fronts/Center, Infinity Sub, JBL Rears, and that's about it.

CLICK THIS TO WATCH IT IN ACTION! Be sure to click the HD button when the video loads up!

· Registered
246 Posts
That's pretty slick. I've always wanted to try and build a HTPC but wouldn't have a clue where to start.

Again, nice system!

· Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusioncav /forum/post/16892168

i may be blind but i dont see where you listed what interface you used to sort and play your movies back.

im looking to take my 2 1tb hd's and start putting somthing toghter

thanks

my bad

http://xbmc.org/

That's my interface

· Registered
2,564 Posts
Lookin good!

Nosferatu, your old thread inspired me to build a htpc. Was getting sick of using the PS3 for blu-ray and I don't have much faith in the stand alone players.

Finished putting it together this weekend and now I'll work on the interface and start ripping. Thanks for the inspiration.

· Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack /forum/post/16896773

Lookin good!

Nosferatu, your old thread inspired me to build a htpc. Was getting sick of using the PS3 for blu-ray and I don't have much faith in the stand alone players.

Finished putting it together this weekend and now I'll work on the interface and start ripping. Thanks for the inspiration.

Post it up once you get it all set up bro! HTPC is rather versatile. I have all old game emulators on it too so guests can swing by and play old NES classics and whatnot. Also, watching youtube videos and the like on the couch with guests is nice too instead of going onto a tiny PC monitor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.