Equipment:

Pioneer PDP-5080HD

Marantz SR7001

PS3

Wii

Satellite receiver

Question is ....

Option 1: connect HDMI (video + audio) from sources to receiver then to TV

Option 2: connect video from sources to TV and then audio to receiver?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
243 Posts
Some people run from source directly to tv claiming direct connection gives a better picture but most others disagree because it's a digital connection it either works or it does'nt ,not like the old analog days when a direct shorter path was always better.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatanika /forum/post/14181155

Some people run from source directly to tv claiming direct connection gives a better picture but most others disagree because it's a digital connection it either works or it does'nt ,not like the old analog days when a direct shorter path was always better.

Just getting set up myself. Wondering is it possible to do both?

Just supposing I'm not home and the wife doesn't want to power up the recevier to watch a movie???

Is it possible to hook to both and will the AVR overide the direct connection?

·
Banned
2,580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon3045 /forum/post/14181541

Just getting set up myself. Wondering is it possible to do both?

Just supposing I'm not home and the wife doesn't want to power up the recevier to watch a movie???

Is it possible to hook to both and will the AVR overide the direct connection?

Good solution is to pick up a Harmony universal remote. It's programmable through your computer and once set up even a wife can run a full sound system and easily switch between sources. You can pick one up off ebay for about $60.00 or at Walmart for under $100.00 I use the inexpensive 520 and it's excellent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts