AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is possible, but I just purchased a Sony KDL-40S2010 today and immediately hooked it up to my old dvd player and surround sound system. I love the picture quality, but I noticed the the audio seemed to be off. Now, I've had this dvd player and receiver for over 4 years and I've never noticed any problem.

However, I just moved and ditched my old tv before I did, so I can't go back to that one and test it. Is it possible that the Sony KDL-40S2010 displays the image just very slightly behind the audio? I tried hooking it up to my media center pc and it does it even more so with dvds, but regular video files seem slightly off as well. The media center is old and the audio drivers aren't fully supported with vista, so I'm not basing any judgements on that. However, I can't figure out why the audio seems off on the dvd player. I also don't have cable yet and I live in an area where I can't get any OTA channels, so I can't test that out.

I'm going to try to test a few more sources and displays, but I was curious if anyone has this tv and has had this happen to them or have heard of it happening. It might be possible that my audio equipment just got damaged in transportation and that's the culprit. (I really hope that's the case.)

Thanks for any input.

· Registered
113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioaz /forum/post/0

Not sure if this is possible, but I just purchased a Sony KDL-40S2010 today and immediately hooked it up to my old dvd player and surround sound system. I love the picture quality, but I noticed the the audio seemed to be off. Now, I've had this dvd player and receiver for over 4 years and I've never noticed any problem.

However, I just moved and ditched my old tv before I did, so I can't go back to that one and test it. Is it possible that the Sony KDL-40S2010 displays the image just very slightly behind the audio? I tried hooking it up to my media center pc and it does it even more so with dvds, but regular video files seem slightly off as well. The media center is old and the audio drivers aren't fully supported with vista, so I'm not basing any judgements on that. However, I can't figure out why the audio seems off on the dvd player. I also don't have cable yet and I live in an area where I can't get any OTA channels, so I can't test that out.

I'm going to try to test a few more sources and displays, but I was curious if anyone has this tv and has had this happen to them or have heard of it happening. It might be possible that my audio equipment just got damaged in transportation and that's the culprit. (I really hope that's the case.)

Thanks for any input.

hmmm..I have the 46" S2010 and have never had that problem..

I know that doesn't help you, but maybe someone else can chime in..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.