AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there all im having a little problem and I was wondering if any of you knew how to fix it. I have a Nvdia Personal Cinema Geforce 440mx and I a tv hooked up to it. After much work i Managed to install the nvidia release 60 drivers, and everything seems to work fine except for one littel thing, when I try to play a video or watch tv I only get an image either on the tv or on the monitor depending on which I have set up as the primery display. At first I tought this was just the driver not being set up correctly to do what i want it to do, but then I discovered the damnest thing, In Zoom player if I use the Default renderer I get video on only one monitor, but if I choose VMR9 I get video on both screens. So whats going on? is there anyway to tell all my programs to render through VMR9? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Overlay only works on the primary display.

VMR works on any display.

VMR9 control is dependent on the programs support. There is no global setting. Thats why I use ZP, or TT, or the new NVidia filter pack has a basic player that will use VMR as well.

Vern

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First of all thanks for replying. The reason I posted the question, is because, before installing the new drivers I could see the video from Intervideo WinDVR on both my tv and my monitor, and now I can only see it on my primary display, whichever that is. This also happens with Dscaler, VirtualVCR and Zoom Player when render mode is set to system default. VirtualVCR can actually display on both screens if I use the smart tree Filter for preview.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Vern Dias
Overlay only works on the primary display.

VMR works on any display.

VMR9 control is dependent on the programs support. There is no global setting. Thats why I use ZP, or TT, or the new NVidia filter pack has a basic player that will use VMR as well.

Vern
are you sure about this. i'm able to use overlay on my secondary monitor. i use zoom and powerdvd 4.0 decoder. in zoom dvd settings, i set overlay on. i launch zoom in fullscreen on my secondary monitor. the reason i use overlay is because the powerdvd filters will not connect in vmr mode.

perhaps the restriction is that overlay can be used only on 1 monitor at a time.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
araghava,

The problem is that most dual head video cards can only support overlay on the primary monitor.

If you have multiple video cards, or one of the few ones with overlay support on the second head, consider yourself lucky.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'll toss my hat in the ring on this one too. When I run a dvd using ZP pro, then I need to set the projector to the primary to watch it. Same with the output from my tuner card (el cheapo Pinnacle PCTV Deluxe, which I don't use anymore except for the remote). Any mpeg, avi, vob, whatever, I can see the same image on both displays. I believe this is the case with both overlay and vmr9, unless zp reverted back to overlay without me knowing about it. Does this happen with anyone else too?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.