AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I want to plug my video camera to my TV, so that I could see what is being filmed on the big screen, as it is filmed.

For some reason, I can only get the TV to show what's already recorded - i.e. only when the camera is in "Play" mode, and not when it's on "Record" mode. When it's on record mode, there's just a blue screen on the TV.

Is it possible that my videocam can only play back on the TV, and not show what's currently being recorded? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mylgl6 /forum/post/20802092

Hi,

I want to plug my video camera to my TV, so that I could see what is being filmed on the big screen, as it is filmed.

For some reason, I can only get the TV to show what's already recorded - i.e. only when the camera is in "Play" mode, and not when it's on "Record" mode. When it's on record mode, there's just a blue screen on the TV.

Is it possible that my videocam can only play back on the TV, and not show what's currently being recorded? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks!

What camcorder and what TV you're using? Quite an old camcorder or TV? I connect my camcorder to my tube and plasma TVs and I have no problem to view "live" recording.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a DV Canon camcorder from about 5 years ago, and a TV from about 3 years ago, with regular A/V input sockets. Anyways, I would think that if the equipment is suitable for playing back video cassettes from the camcorder, it should also be able to show the live recording... or would it not necessarily?

·
Registered
28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mylgl6 /forum/post/20803202

It's a DV Canon camcorder from about 5 years ago, and a TV from about 3 years ago, with regular A/V input sockets. Anyways, I would think that if the equipment is suitable for playing back video cassettes from the camcorder, it should also be able to show the live recording... or would it not necessarily?

Yeah, kinda weird you can playback video but can't view live recording with your TV. I'm not sure what is wrong with your set up. Is it possible to test with other TV?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts