AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a little problem that I need help with. I have this small karaoke device that outputs the background music, microphone, and the lyrics through HDMI. I have connected this to a HDMI in port on my Pioneer SC-1527K A/V reciever. I only want the audio signal to go through to my zone 2 connections on which I have connected my L/R Behringer B215D using a RCA to XLR cable and the video to my tv. However, when I select the zone 2 on the receiver, nothing happens. For some reason when I turn on the radio on the receiver and select zone 2, it works. I am really lost in this and any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Fernand  /t/1470303/video-over-hdmi-audio-ov...uts-are-coming-through-one-hdmi#post_23254078

Most multi-zone AVR’s only route signals being input on their 2RCA ‘Stereo’ Inputs to the Zone B speaker terminals.

Add in a stereo connection from the Karaoke device to the AVR and select that as the Zone B Source.

Joe

The only problem is that my karaoke only has an HDMI output so I have no idea on how to split the singnal.

·
Registered
10,873 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor  /t/1470303/video-over-hdmi-audio-ov...uts-are-coming-through-one-hdmi#post_23255031

Use an "HDMI Audio extractor" to get the 2-channel audio out of it...

This looks like a decent, cheap one:

http://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Premium-Audio-Extractor-Converter/dp/B00AHS8LD8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1367168115&sr=1-1&keywords=hdmi+audio+extractor

Jeff

Thanks!! This is exactly what I needed! And at decent price!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Fernand  /t/1470303/video-over-hdmi-audio-ov...uts-are-coming-through-one-hdmi#post_23255152

You will require an HDMI to 2RCA with HDMI passthru device - http://www.octavainc.com/HDMI%201x1%20Audio%20Converter.html

Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor  /t/1470303/video-over-hdmi-audio-ov...uts-are-coming-through-one-hdmi#post_23255031

Use an "HDMI Audio extractor" to get the 2-channel audio out of it...

This looks like a decent, cheap one:

http://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Premium-Audio-Extractor-Converter/dp/B00AHS8LD8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1367168115&sr=1-1&keywords=hdmi+audio+extractor

Jeff
I think the $40 will do my job. But thanks!!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
'I think the $40 will do my job. But thanks!!' - as with all things HDMI, EDID and HDCP – its al about interoperability/compatibility.

We sell a lot of units to folk who have tried lower cost solutions and found they won’t work in their particular setup!

You may get lucky

Joe

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colm  /t/1470303/video-over-hdmi-audio-ov...uts-are-coming-through-one-hdmi#post_23255513

Does the manual say you can down convert HDMI and output it on Zone 2?

I just checked and in tiny letters is says you cant... I wish they made it more obvious... I give that $40 one a shot I guess.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
'I just checked and in tiny letters is says you cant...' - pretty much the norm with most (if not all) AVR's, as is the lack of highlighting that Zone2 only works with analogue audio Inputs on any marketing blurb.

We get a lot of calls from folk running into this problem.

Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts