AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the new Epson 6100 1080p projector and want a way to clean up some of the video content. The projector has an onboard Pixelwork processor unlike it's higher end/more expensive counterpart the 6500UB which has the Reon HQV chip. If I were to get a receiver with a Reon HQV chip would this begin to close the gap between the two projectors? I currently have the Yamaha 663 which really doesn’t process the video signal, just upconversion. If this would work which receiver is recommend for its video processing?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
If the 663 is totally adequate for your needs so far, outside of the desire for better VP, I would go for stand alone VP. You see, perhaps the most affordable receiver with Reon is the Onkyo 876, and that's about 1k or so. You can get a DVDO Edge for $600-800 ish, with money in the pocket. Then again, its Anchor Bay processing can be found in at least some Yammy products as well.

But, its not just about the chip, whether Anchor or Reon, the implementation matters as well. I vote for stand alone in your case, if the 663 is fine otherwise. BTW, I don't think the 663 "upconverts".

I would LOVE to get my paws on a Radiance XD if only for the CMS for color calibration. Problem is the crazy price tag. Grrrrrrrr.

There is a Video Processor forum here, and I suggest you check it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts