AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of purchasing a Zenith P60W26. I noticed that one of the recommended accessories was a hi-resolution video processor. Is this necessary with the larger plasmas?

Also...any comments on the Zenith? I saw one in Ken Crane's and it looked fine with a HDTV program and with a dvd but pretty fuzzy with regular programming. The colors didn't look as saturated as with a 50" Pioneer that was near by, but pretty good for the size.

Would appreciate any comments.

Thanks, Ernie

·
Registered
798 Posts
The colors on the Zenith P60W26 are true and the picture is very good but the black is where that unit is lacking. Also, no DVI inputs.

Where did you read a Hi Rez processor is "recommended" ??

Mark

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark:

Thanks for your comments. Perhaps I was reading too much into the "recommended". Under TVAuthority's facts regarding the Zenith P60W26, they had a list of "recommended products"of which a Quadscan Elite HD hi-res video processor was listed. I assumed that maybe with the larger plasmas something of this sort would be needed. I would be using a Sony 100 HD STB as a tuner so I should be getting the res I need, right?

I was also considering a Sharp PZ-50HV2U plasma which would be a two to 2500$ less than the Zenith but a 50" instead of 60".

I am kind of overwhelmed by the products offered.

Ernie

·
Registered
798 Posts
Ernie,

It can and will be confusing regarding your purchase. Take your time and try to spend as much time as possible with each panel you are considering and objectively compare them to their competitors.

This forum tends to favor Fujitsu, Pioneer and Panasonic (not in that order).

As far as the "recommended" accessories, that is the retailers way of trying to get you to purchase extras. It really depends on what you will be using the plasma for.

Good Luck and remember....have fun! That's what this is all about ( I Think!) :D

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mark:

Thanks for your informative comments and advice; they will be heeded.

Man, there is so much info to be digested. Bottom line is that I am going to back off a bit and take some time before I dive into this.

Ernie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.