AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have an S-VHS VCR which my Digital Cable box is hooked upto via SVIDEO cable and outputted to the TV using SVIDEO.

This allows me to record shows and view them. Or just watch TV. Without having to do any switching.

I keep hearing the video quality when feed through a DVD recorder and out to the TV isn't so great.

Any people use their DVD recorder in this manner.

Thinking of getting the Panasonic DMR-E80

·
Registered
673 Posts
I did this setup with the DMR-E80 and got that exact result...bad picture quality. I'm trying to find a fix, whether it's amplification, or configuration, but I ran it with the coax via RF, and also with the S-vid and it looks worse than a $40 antenna on your roof. If you find a fix for this, please let me know.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I seem to be seeing complaints lately about the E80.

I own an E80, Without compliants.

I think the picture thru the E80 is as good as the original.

I'm on comcast cable. HD5100 HD Box with a Sony Wega 36" tube.

The channels below 100 are better direct from the cable than thru the box.

The E80 is hooked up with basic cable on Rf,

Comcast Box on line 1(S-Video)

Replay on line 3 (S-Video)

Line 2 is either a JVC SVHS deck or a Tivo.

My Opinion on the E80 tuner: Other than the sony, It's the best., With Replay being the worst by a looong shot.

Did I get one of the good E80's ?
I Love my E-80.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Quote:
I seem to be seeing complaints lately about the E80.

I have one.
I kept waiting to hear about your complaint when I realized that what you meant was that you have an E80 not that you have a complaint. :)

DOH!

Glad you like your recorder...

Alex,

On a more serious note, would you describe the PQ problems you are experiencing as video noise (like a poorly received off-the-air program) or digital artifacting as if the "live" picture has been passed through the hardware real-time encoder. Some people report seeing the digital artifacts associated with a live picture fed through the Panny, but it is generally not that noticeable.

Vic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.