AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend owns a small bar here and has asked me to help him with a problem. Here is his setup currently.

4 LCD TVs

4 Direct TV boxes (so each tv has own box for differnt thing to play)

What he wants to do is setup a DVD player so he can play a video on all TV's at the same time.

Each TV has a component cable running back to wire closet connected to Direct TV player.

I'm trying to figure a way to setup a switch box of some sort so he can switch and play the DVD player on all TVs at the same time easily.

Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
You would want either a matrix switch, or you'd want a distribution amplifier for the DVD player and an A/B switch for each TV. I am not sure if matrix switches will generally let you select the same source for multiple outputs. I'm sure other people have more experience with them and will respond though.

·
Super Moderator
21,904 Posts
the most elegant solution is use a component video matrix switch to allow any input to be displayed on any display in any combination: an example of this type of product is here:

http://www.neoprointegrator.com/products.php

there are other ways to do it, such as a component video distribution amp

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Channel Vision makes a 6x4 component matrix switch. It has 6 inputs (all component with audio) and 4 outputs. That means you can plug your 4 DirecTV, 1 DVD player and 1 other source into it, and then output to the 4 TV's. As Mark said, this will allow any TV to watch any source at any time (including all on the same source).

There are others from companies like Extron, etc... but the Channel Vision is relatively cheap for what it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.