AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies if this has already been discussed... a friendly pointer to the right thread would be appreciated.

I see the LT150 has 1 D-shell that works for either RGB or component input. I'd like to use a DVD player and HD cable box with mine. The DVD player can either be progressive scan or I can run one thru/in an HTPC. Doesn't matter to me. What are my options in regards to video switching? Right now, I use a Yamaha receiver with all super-video sources and I've very happy with it, but I don't see how I can do the same with the LT150 unless I have all component or all RGB sources. (I'd really rather use an HTPC and dscaler if possible which makes the problem tougher I think.)

The HD cable box can do RGB or components, BTW.

Thanks,

Sam

·
Registered
221 Posts
You could set the HD box to be RGB and run your DVDs on an HTPC. Use a VGA manual switchbox or a fancier one that switches depending on signal input being present.

Hook the output up to the LT-150 and that's it.

drewman

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by drewman:
You could set the HD box to be RGB and run your DVDs on an HTPC.
I was thinking about that. Any RGB switchers you know of that can be remote control driven?

Also, anyone have screen shots of a proscan player vs dscaler on the LT150?

Thanks,

Sam

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just make sure the quality of the switch is good. I've got a Linksys KVM switch at work (not sure of the model) that tends to soften the video.

------------------

Tom L.

NEC LT150 FAQ

My stuff, pictures, HTPC, and screen tests

[This message has been edited by tlastrange (edited 07-27-2001).]

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I haven't seen the output of this switch myself, but I'll probably give it a try. I would be interested in knowing which model you have. This one supports something like 1900x1400, so I was assuming that with the spare bandwidth, it would be able to do a respectable job on 1024x768. Perhaps I shouldn't assume http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.