AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the HTPC world, and I have just purchased a nice Sony MCE that I am working on setting up. One thing that is confounding me is that I would like to be able to have the video output to my PC CRT as well as through my AV receiver, and then on to my TV.

When I connect the VGA cable for my computer monitor and the S-Video cable to the receiver, I only get video on the computer monitor. I saw something on the Nvidea site (I have a GeForce FX5600 video card) that indicated that you might have troubles running the video signal through a receiver since it does not allow the computer to recognize that the cable is connected.

Sure enough, when I bypassed the receiver and ran the S-Video cable directly from the PC to the TV, it worked fine.

Is there a workaround for this? I will be really bummed if I can't connect the video output from the PC to the receiver.

Thanks for any input.

Charlie

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI, someone pointed out to me that the problem is that I have an S-video connection from my PC to my receiver, and then I have an (incompatible) RCA connection from my receiver to my TV.

I have corrected the problem by putting in an S-video/RCA adapter. I now have other issues with my video adapters, but that will hopefully be resolved soon.

Cheers.

Charlie:cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.