AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just wanting to tap every resource I can think of so I figured I may get some good troubleshooting tips here.

I have been using my Pioneer Elite SC-79 for a little less than a year with no problem, then today, while messing with my network audio streaming, my receiver decided it didn't want to pass video any more.

I was able to have my PS4, X1, and Sat box pass audio and video with no problem. I switched back to my satellite input from the PS4 and I had a static-filled screen that would flash. I switched inputs, same thing on all of them, even when I went into the receiver menu.

I power it off, and all inputs pass through perfectly fine in stand-by. I power the receiver back on, I get sound but no image, just the flashing static mess.

I unplugged the receiver for a few minutes, did not help. I have tried cycling through inputs, same result. I put it in standby, all audio and video makes it to the TV with no problem. I have contacted Pioneer support, but they are a Monday through Friday operation so I figured I would see if any of you folks might have some suggestions or ideas as to what may be happening.

Thanks!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all,
Just wanting to tap every resource I can think of so I figured I may get some good troubleshooting tips here.

I have been using my Pioneer Elite SC-79 for a little less than a year with no problem, then today, while messing with my network audio streaming, my receiver decided it didn't want to pass video any more.

I was able to have my PS4, X1, and Sat box pass audio and video with no problem. I switched back to my satellite input from the PS4 and I had a static-filled screen that would flash. I switched inputs, same thing on all of them, even when I went into the receiver menu.

I power it off, and all inputs pass through perfectly fine in stand-by. I power the receiver back on, I get sound but no image, just the flashing static mess.

I unplugged the receiver for a few minutes, did not help. I have tried cycling through inputs, same result. I put it in standby, all audio and video makes it to the TV with no problem. I have contacted Pioneer support, but they are a Monday through Friday operation so I figured I would see if any of you folks might have some suggestions or ideas as to what may be happening.

Thanks!
And wouldn't you know it, as soon as I hit submit, I decide to power the receiver back on to show my wife the issue, and it powers up just fine and all is working.

Still though, what could have caused that issue?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts