AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm laying out a TV wall with one main LCD and four (might just be two) satellite LCDs on the sides and am wondering what I would need to make this work. Audio would just be played out of the main, central LCD but I'd want to be able to switch the video around depending on what I want to watch.

Would I "just" need a HDMI Matrix Switch with IR control to make this work? Have any suggested models or ones to stay away from? I've done some homework and believe that some matrix switches will only work with the least resolution TV, so if one was 720p, all would end up with 720p)

I have a URC MX-950 remote so I can setup macros to do the IR control, but I just want to make sure I'm not getting in too far over my head.

Edit: Also, and this may require a different thread, but what would I need to switch one of the screens to the front door camera when the doorbell is rung?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I think this $156 4x4 HDMI Matrix Switch would do it. My only thought is that it would be great if there was somehow a way to put a readout of what is what so that if I liked something on the left screen, then I could easily move video around since audio would only be heard by the source on the center screen (I'm probably just going to do a 3 screen setup since the 5 screen one would push me into a 8x8 matrix switch which is considerably more expensive.)

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...t=1#largeimage

Guess I'll have to use my AMX screen that I never used.
http://www.amx.com/products/NXT-1200VGRGBKit.asp

With RS232 control, that'd give me the option the remember or request the current source of that TV and then have buttons so that I could make "source B" from Monitor 1 over to the center "monitor 2" and swap the sources. Also, would I need an additional AMX controller to get this to work or would the program reside in the screen? I have an AMX NI-2100 that I am not using that I'm pretty sure could do it.

That sound doable? Any ballpark estimate at how many hours of programming that would take to setup this functionality on the AMX?

Thanks greatly!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.