AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently, I have an HD2600XT in my HTPC (along with an Intel 6600 CPU, 2GB RAM, and an Intel DP35DP motherboard). The CBS affiliate in my area has started encoding 3:2 pulldown / 24fps video in their 1080i broadcast, and this video card is suffering from some serious stuttering issues with this content. This isn't run-of-the-mill juddering.. it's roughly half-second skips in the video during pan sequences (or even non-pan sequences with alot of motion).

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a video card that can produce relatively smooth video with 3:2 pulldown content? I'd prefer a card with HDMI output (including audio). I've read that the 9600GT and GTS 250 apparently do a good job with 3:2 pulldown. Any others? I won't be playing games on this PC, so 3D performance isn't important. I'd hope to spend no more than $50-60.

EDIT: I've seen a few sites mention that the ATI4650 does a good job with this content. Can anyone confirm? I'm thinking that might be the way to go.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.