AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
7,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoLLgoTT /forum/post/14886426

UPDATE: Control points are now located at a multiple of 10 IRE (or 5 IRE, 2.5 IRE, 1.25 IRE). This fits better to measuring tools like HCFR.

Awesome, but I get a setting point failed! error everytime I try to change a node. Have you tested in vista?

Great app.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Although the one thing that I'd love to be able to do is input percise values at each node.

Any chance you could give up the source code? I'm quite handy in visual studio.

·
Registered
8,079 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti /forum/post/14886468

Awesome, but I get a setting point failed! error everytime I try to change a node. Have you tested in vista?

Great app.

Are you running multi monitors?

On Xp at least, VideoEqualiser doesn't work with multi monitors.

You have to set it all with just the one monitor (the one you care about), but Gamma Loader works with two monitors.

Whether it just updates both monitors is a bit hit and miss, but it works.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_A_W /forum/post/14890401

Are you running multi monitors?

On Xp at least, VideoEqualiser doesn't work with multi monitors.

You have to set it all with just the one monitor (the one you care about), but Gamma Loader works with two monitors.

Whether it just updates both monitors is a bit hit and miss, but it works.

Well I do have multiple monitors at work where I was testing it, but I also have problems at home as well.

I'd really really like to be able to input values by hand, instead of pushing and pulling on the curve.

Anybody know how the LUT file works?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti /forum/post/14919721

Anybody know how the LUT file works?

The LUT consists of 3 * 256 * 16 bit (= 1536 bytes). So for each color you have 256 times two bytes bytes in the order red, green and blue. The Radeon uses the 10 most significant bits of each value, but VideoEqualizer fills all of them.

The *.lut file is a simple dump without header.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks a lot! it does work on my multiple monitor system!

One last request to make it perfect

Would it be possible to move points by using arrows of the keyboard? with the mouse only it is quite difficult not to move in both directions at the same time ...

thanks again!

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Yes, thank you, it seems to work for multi monitors (I just need to check if the adjustments survive a reboot, as that was one issue with the older version....but the kids are streaming a TV show right now...).

I do have one request: When adjusting a single colour, can you please make the other colours visible (but non-selectable)? It's much easier to see where you are when the other colours are visible.

Thanks Follgott, it is appreciated.

Mark

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
@DomDom
Quote:
Would it be possible to move points by using arrows of the keyboard?

I will see what I can do.

@Mark_A_W
Quote:
I just need to check if the adjustments survive a reboot,

No, they don't, because VE loads the modified LUT directly into the DAC. But it surprisingly stays after hibernation. It seems that the LUT gets dumped by the driver and then restored.

Maybe I'll build the option to edit and save ICC profiles which will be loaded on Windows startup. But this is much more work and I don't know when I have time for this.

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Ok, so if the adjustments get wiped on rebooting...

Using gamma loader in a batch file, run in "Startup" would be the best (only?) solution?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is greeeeaaaaaat !

I'm looking for this kind of tool for a long time, i usually use the nvidia panel but it's so small and imprecise...

Thank you so much, this is really appreciated.

Some bugs :

- When the window is resized, the "show red show blue show green" menu is not moving so it stays in the middle of the window.

- When you right-click on a point and click ok without doing nothing, it reduce the value !!
(It's probably not very clear but I'm not very easy with english
)

- Sometimes the window goes gray. The only way to correct it is to select a different colour

This is a great tool, please continue to work on it ! Thanks again.

An d by the way, do you know if it's possible to control the colors saturation with the same parametric system, or simply with a simple control ?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by joulss /forum/post/16271667

This is greeeeaaaaaat !

I'm looking for this kind of tool for a long time, i usually use the nvidia panel but it's so small and imprecise...

Thank you so much, this is really appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote:
Some bugs :

- When the window is resized, the "show red show blue show green" menu is not moving so it stays in the middle of the window.

- When you right-click on a point and click ok without doing nothing, it reduce the value !!
(It's probably not very clear but I'm not very easy with english
)

- Sometimes the window goes gray. The only way to correct it is to select a different colour

I can confirm these bugs. It seems that I have a bit problems with the spline interpolation. It always changes the knot in the middle. Right now the manual entry is pretty useless, because the values set are different than the input values. I will see what I can do.

Quote:
An d by the way, do you know if it's possible to control the colors saturation with the same parametric system, or simply with a simple control ?

Since VideoEqualizer uses a one dimensional LUT a change of hue and saturation is not possible. Right now I have no plans to implement this. I Suggest to look further at the new great renderer madVR . With its 3D LUT it may be possible somehow.

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Thanks Nils

The new version is really nice - thanks for adding the ability to see all the colours while adjusting a single one.

I wonder how we will integrate a custom gamma curve with MadVR? That bit's got me confused.

A couple of minor feature requests:

- An Undo button

- Some way of forcing it to load on a reboot. It may mean that VideoEqualiser or Gammaloader (or something) is running all the time in the system tray, but I don't mind. The batch file thing is a bit clunky.

It's very useful now.

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Ohh....it seems to have done something very strange to my right-click menus - they don't appear until I run the mouse over them to highlight - they are otherwise invisible.

And Gamma Loader still doesn't seem to work well.

It either does nothing, or only affects the primary monitor.

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
UPDATE 2.04:

- Manual value input fixed

- Interpolation greatly improved

- Resize bug fixed

@Mark_A_W
Quote:
I wonder how we will integrate a custom gamma curve with MadVR? That bit's got me confused.

Right now VideoEqualizer works with madVR, because it writes directly to the DAC. I don't know if it is a good idea to integrate that to madVR, since the whole desktop is calibrated and maybe you want to watch some holiday pictures or play games etc.

Quote:
A couple of minor feature requests:

- An Undo button

- Some way of forcing it to load on a reboot. It may mean that VideoEqualiser or Gammaloader (or something) is running all the time in the system tray, but I don't mind. The batch file thing is a bit clunky.

An undo button will be a bit of more work. Right now every change is directly written to the DAC and every change from outside is displayed. I think a bout it.

Yes, the automatic loading is crap.

I have to think about a good concept.

Quote:
Ohh....it seems to have done something very strange to my right-click menus - they don't appear until I run the mouse over them to highlight - they are otherwise invisible.

Which operating system? Under Vista I have no problems here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

i'm using Video equalizer with my Sony 1270 and i fin it very useful, but i can't use Gamma loader ... how can i configure it in order to load my saved luts ? When i double click to it i can only see a small window for a while and then it disappears

·
Registered
490 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollastrello /forum/post/17299557

Hello

i'm using Video equalizer with my Sony 1270 and i fin it very useful, but i can't use Gamma loader ... how can i configure it in order to load my saved luts ? When i double click to it i can only see a small window for a while and then it disappears

GammaLoader.exe runs under DOS and needs the LUT file name parsed through to it. What happens when you double click on the file now is that it opens a DOS window but expects the LUT file name present. Not being there is quickly shuts down without doing anything.

Easiest way is solve this is to create a little batch job and put a shortcut to that batch job on your desktop. Doing it this way also makes it easier to have quick access to multiple profiles ( LUT's ). Especially handy when running different monitor types from the one PC.

Here's how I have done it.

1) Create a folder under Program Files and name it something meaningful. ( In my case I have called it Gamma Stuff).

2) Copy GammaLoader.exe , VideoEqualizer.exe and the LUT file you have created into it. ( for example ... HD.lut )

3) Create a new text file using notepad, and rename it to have a .bat extension. An example of this could be HD.bat

4) Copy the following into that ( now ) batch file and save it.

c:

cd\\

cd Program Files\\Gamma Stuff

gammaloader.exe HD.lut

5) Create a shortcut from that batch job onto your desktop.

6) Double click the shortcut and you should see the LUT now loaded.

7) If you wish to automate the loading you can copy that shortcut into your Start/All Programs/Startup folder.

Note: If you have VideoEqualizer open already you should the change in graph shape immediately the batch job runs.

Cheers,

Russ

61 - 80 of 90 Posts