AVS Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello !

I was searching something to replace rivatuner for ATi graphic cards and your video equalizer works great, thanks.

But, I have a problem to make it by default at windows startup, even if I put it on my Startup folder.

Didn't work all the time.

I was wondering if a way exists to convert this LUT on an ICC profil ?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Very nice program!

Why is it desktop gamma changes don't affect overlay mode? Is there a way to change overlay gamma (as used by blu-ray software)?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello !

Am I the only one still using this wonderful soft ?

I was wondering if a little update could be possible !

I think it would be excellent to add a system of coordonates to the points.

And make the points moving by keyboard.

Thanks anyway !

·
Registered
490 Posts
You're not alone Kazuya

It is an indispensable piece in my video chain and I've been using it for years. The only improvement I could think of would be the ability to zoom in on a particular area to get finer control. This is particularly important at the very black end. I manually adjust the near black values with a hex editor currently and it's a little tedious and time consuming. Other than that, it's a great tool, particularly for CRT users.

Sincere thanks to FoLLgoTT

Cheers,

Russ

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am going to try this, from a fresh download however I have the same issue with a Radeon 8500 series 1/2 Gig Video card. Even downloading updated ATI software gives me an instant error when I try to run the program. I have had problems doing anything that involves tweaking the Radeon cards output image. I am running XP pro with all updates and service packs plus 3 gig Ram and 2.2 ghz processor. I think maybe a different brand video card may be in order as ATI does not seem too friendly with newer programs.

·
Banned
663 Posts
This is an awesome tool! Thank you so much for making it! I do have a question - how can I make tiny adjustments to the actual gamma if R, G, and B are not all together? Selecting the gamma line combines R, G, and B together and in my case that breaks calibration. How can I make manual incremental adjustments through typing numbers and applying? Changing the curve of the line by dragging is way too tedious - a single pixel makes all the difference. I only need some TINY adjustments.

I have this utterly crappy monitor that is actually great if I could calibrate it, but I can't seem to get my blacks right because CalMAN's DDC AutoCal 65pt manual LUT adjustments did not provide me with enough points to change each black bit separately. In fact, I have never seen a program that would allow all 256pts to be adjusted. I am hoping that with manual adjustments and 81pts I can do better with black level adjustment than with 65pts...

I was reading about how this tool does not create any banding, unlike many other free and even paid-for apps. Is it the interpolation technique/method that makes this tool so good at preventing banding that occurs with other utilities, such as CalMAN RGB DDC AutoCal? Technically, it occurs due to inability to properly detect and adjust WB with cheaper probes like Spyder-series and i1Display Pro and the more points adjusted, the higher the number of bands is going to appear. I was hoping that with this tool they won't appear at all!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarchX  /t/1042160/videoequalizer-2-0-powerful-gamma-correction-for-your-pc/60#post_24166592

- how can I make tiny adjustments to the actual gamma if R, G, and B are not all together? Selecting the gamma line combines R, G, and B together and in my case that breaks calibration. How can I make manual incremental adjustments through typing numbers and applying

In single color mode you can right-click on a point and input the 16 bit value directly. I hope that helps.
Quote:
I was reading about how this tool does not create any banding, unlike many other free and even paid-for apps. Is it the interpolation technique/method that makes this tool so good at preventing banding that occurs with other utilities, such as CalMAN RGB DDC AutoCal?

No, CalPC changes the LUT (via ICC profiles) as VideoEqualizer does. So the banding should be the same and depends on your video card. But changing the hardware LUT is much better than correcting gamma in software (and wasting precision).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, I know this is an old thread but someone might be able to help me. I've installed this on htpc, windows 7 64bit, gtx 750ti. I open the program, when i make a change to anything it moves straight back to the reset point every time. Any ideas what is causing this.
I've tried the same program on windows 10 laptop with on board graphics and it works fine, which makes me wonder if there is a setting on the nvidia control panel I need to change ? If anyone has any ideas or a fix that would be great. Many thanks sim10101

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found VideoEqualizer while looking for a replacement for "Gamma Control" from Desktopnerds and "Gamma Panel" from Major Geeks, both of which are broken for multiple monitors after Windows 10 1903 update. It works great!

I used the NVidia Control Panel to set "High" and "Low" Gamma. Saved the two settings from VideoEqualizer as "High.lut" and "Low.lut" files. Created .BAT files and shortcuts to execute them on both monitors using command lines like: VideoEqualizer.exe "{LUT File}" {Display Number}". e.g. VideoEqualizer.exe "Low.lut" 0. Added some HotKeys to the shortcuts, and now I can switch Gamma settings with a simple keyboard operation.

Many thanks to the developer. Good work!

81 - 90 of 90 Posts