AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
The same AVI Info Frame (00:E8:64:5D:00) puts my Samsung KS8000 into HDR mode just fine using my Integral. This should be a standard setting for HDR across the board. Perhaps something is jacked in the latest LG firmware?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Who can fix this issue? HD Fury? LG or spectracal? So for me the Integral is useless

Reactions: robbeh81

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Who can fix this issue? HD Fury? LG or spectracal? So for me the Integral is useless

The AVI info frame for bt.2020 needs to match the pixel color encoding.

RGB           00:E8:64:5D:00
ycbcr 444  40:E8:64:5D:00
ycbcr 422  20:E8:64:5D:00
ycbcr 420  60:E8:64:5D:00

These are the avi info frames we use for the integral, I know the Vertex uses a different format, which I discovered what they were, by capturing the info frame output of a VF Pro using the Vertex.

I am on a business trip right now, but will be back on Friday, so I can post the AVI info frames for the Vertex, which I am hoping will work with the Linker too.

Tyler

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

These are the avi info frames we use for the integral, I know the Vertex uses a different format, which I discovered what they were, by capturing the info frame output of a VF Pro using the Vertex.

I am on a business trip right now, but will be back on Friday, so I can post the AVI info frames for the Vertex, which I am hoping will work with the Linker too.

Tyler
Yeah, but these donˋt work on the LG C8 any more.

·
Registered
588 Posts

Tyler

Let's hope that they will work thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,230 Posts
...okay, got the linker today and it worked out of the box. Don´t know, what´s the issue with my integral ...
So with Linker and C8, there no problem with Integral for HDR10 with RGB AVI InfoFrame?

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Just asked devs some inputs (it also give some relief to my previous answer, not exactly correct, please correct with below info):

It is a bit confusing because just by changing Avi does not change display to any hdr mode ever.
The only thing is to send the hdr infoframe metadata.
Then in order to send 4k yet even more infoframes is needed - hdmi vendor specific If.
Furthermore it is not always necessary to be in bt2020 for hdr to work or not.
The image quality or characteristics won’t be the exact correct in 709 but it would still enable the hdr mode
Also looks like in the suggested avi the video format is 5d which should be 4k24 if memory serves.
If the source is sending 1080p then that would create an issue. Maybe try with 1080p Vic which is hex 10 (decimal 16, but you put 10 in avi)

·
Registered
9,230 Posts
If the source is sending 1080p then that would create an issue. Maybe try with 1080p Vic which is 10
Hi, for 1080p60, the VIC code is 16.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Hi, for 1080p60, the VIC code is 16.
Yes decimal 16 and hex 10 and you put 10 in AVI (I'm trying to make it easy for people to follow)
That’s for 60 hz and 24 hz would be hex 20 decimal 32

·
Registered
588 Posts
Okay I will give it a try and let you know if its worked thanks.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hex 10 worked thank you very much guys :)

Problem solved !

Reactions: robbeh81

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Mmm strange thing... i don’t remember if you were running your tv at 1920x1080 while feeding it with 1080p patterns
Told ya! lol

I’m glad you solved.

Reactions: BlackJoker

·
Registered
588 Posts
Reactions: Anger.miki

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Ok Good as expected.

so bottom line:

We can deduct that LG requires avi info whereas Samsung just calculates itself what the video is from the clocks (so small mistake in avi for LG makes a blackscreen even if actual video is perfectly fine)
So make sure you have an AVI infoframe exactly matching the signal you are sending in terms of res/frame rate for LG calibration and you should be good.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Ted posted The correct infoframes for everyone who running into same problems:

10 for 1080p60 (VIC 16 is the decimal code for 1080p60, so HEX is 10)
20 for 1080p24 (VIC 32 is the decimal code for 1080p24, so HEX is 20)
5D for 2160p24 (VIC 93 is the decimal code for 2160p24, so HEX is 5D)
61 for 2160p60 (VIC 97 is the decimal code for 2160p60, so HEX is 61)

Thanks again :)

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
This begs another question: since the 2018 OLED needs an exact match between TPG resolution/scanrate and the data in the AVI info frame, will the TV treat any changes differently? In other words, will a person using a TPG at 1080p24 with the correct infoframe data have very different results using the same TPG at 1080p60 (with a correct infoframe)?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
This begs another question: since the 2018 OLED needs an exact match between TPG resolution/scanrate and the data in the AVI info frame, will the TV treat any changes differently? In other words, will a person using a TPG at 1080p24 with the correct infoframe data have very different results using the same TPG at 1080p60 (with a correct infoframe)?
Given that TPG gives bit correct patches, the results are up to the display.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Given that TPG gives bit correct patches, the results are up to the display.
I am fully aware of this. However, I remember reading about displays that did produce different end results based on content scan rates. 24p was different from 60p, and vice-versa. And these differences were not attributable to 3:2 pulldown, etc. That is what I'm curious about. Hopefully the C8 won't go that route.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I am fully aware of this. However, I remember reading about displays that did produce different end results based on content scan rates. 24p was different from 60p, and vice-versa. And these differences were not attributable to 3:2 pulldown, etc. That is what I'm curious about. Hopefully the C8 won't go that route.
Kuro does that, that’s why you have to feed it with matched frequency patches.

I don’t think LG OLED does the same thing, as it has more in common with LCD than with pioneer plasma (self illuminant pixels above all).

Reactions: Rolls-Royce

·
Registered
588 Posts
The HD Fury is really frustrating me after my first attempt after we solved the AVI Infoframe issue everything worked well. Now I set everything up like before nothing changed and I can't put my TPG into HDR Mode ... ??

All settings are the exact same as before

21 - 40 of 45 Posts