AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I play a lot of videogames and I'm in the market for a new TV. To provide a little perspective, I'm buying the tv number one for dvds and number two for big-screen videogaming. I'm now closing in on the tv I want and have simplified my search to two tvs: Princeton AR3.2t and Toshiba 40h80 (my viewing distance is like 8 feet). The only thing holding up this decision right now is my reluctance to trust some of the advice i've heard that burn in from videogames is really rare since the opposing advice normally comes straight from the tv's own reference manual (and looks like "WARNING: don't even think about playing videogams on this thing!!!").

Soo.. will the power meters really kill this tv (40h80). I've heard newer tv's have "videogame modes". The advice that "as long as you only play for an hour or two at a time" particularly bugs me because.. well, I don't only play for an hour at a time.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've played video games on my Mits for over a year. If you are careful, you can greatly lessen your chances of any type of burn in. Of course anything is possible and this is just my own experience.

1) Turn your contrast down. Don't even think of playing with a contrast of more than 30-40 percent (the lower the better).

2) Be extra careful when pausing. Do not allow static images to be left on the screen for more than a few minutes at a time. If you did not follow #1, you can get burn-in in a short time with a paused screen.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's worth a lot, thanks. But are you implying that now that you have a 65h80, you no longer play videogames on it? The more I think about this the more I want the widescreen (40h80). So 4:3 on a 40 inch is like 30" right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.