AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i play games all the time on a 16:9 screen (80"x45") with my DLP projector.

here's my opinion:

1. easy = some games have 16:9 aspect ratio option (e.g most EA Sports games, StarWars). these are great.

2. OK = stretching 4:3 games....assuming you have a "good stretcher http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif " that keeps the center of the screen more proportional, most games look fine. and there is no problem with control. plus the bigger image is an easy tradeoff for me. easy to steretch include TaxiDriver, Tekken3 and DOA2.

on some games, however, you will be annoyed at the distortion, however minimal. some side scrollers and vitua tennis fall into this category for me.

3. NEVER = use a zoom mode. while you will keep the geometry perfect, you will lose valuable image...sometimes the score of health meters, other times, that abyss!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Im considering buying a 16:9 RPTV. Ive been convinced by many people on this forum that the stretch modes offered by modern widescreen sets (esp Toshiba) make watching 4:3 TV content totally acceptable...my concern is playing videogames intended for 4:3 on a 16:9 television. Will it drive me crazy? Will I send poor Mario into an abyss because of non linear stretching of the image? Any thoughts?

------------------

Remember Sammy Jankis.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.