AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the specs of a Vidikron TGS 200HP. We just bought a house with an awesome separate basement home theater. The projector does have vga input, so question ultimately is; is line doubling possible.

Also anyone know what the HP (i assume high performance) changes in the specs.

Thanks

Larry

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry but the TGS 200 is a video grade projector. No scaler upgrades are in the cards. My memory may fail me but I believe that what you think is a VGA connector is acutall a European SCART connector.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Yup. TGS200 - Video only. 480i. Doubling is not an option. I'm not sure what the 'HP' on the end means, but it is most likely not a option for progressive scan capabilities.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input.

I just found projectorspecs.com which has verifies that this is an analog only chassis. I guess it is time to start shopping.

Thanks

Larry

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
FYI, the "HP" designation means that this unit had a separate PC board for generating high voltage, and had a little better high voltage regualtion the the plain TGS 200, that had the standard flyback transformer/horizontal output arrangement (like regular TV's have) to generate high voltage.

Chuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.