AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought one of these projectors. I know its a little old but I'm a poor student so it was the best I could afford. The tubes all seem to be fine but it didn't come with a remote. I'm fast coming to the conclusion that unless I source one, the functionality of my projector will be limited to TV only. Is this correct? Whereabouts is the IR reciever on this machine?

Thanks

·
Banned
241 Posts
No, I don't believe you need the remote.. I had a vidikron, although I forget the model.... There is no reason your TV should work and not a different source. What happens when you hook a DVD up to the composite input?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've not got a DVD player but I've tried the Composite and S-Video out on my AIW 8500DV and the composite on my digicam and nothing has worked. The projector just keeps showing the currently tuned TV channel.

·
Banned
241 Posts
How does it keep showing the TV channel? What are you using as your tuner? Your projector does not have a built in TV tuner, does it? Unless your projector has a built in tuner than I don't understand what you mean when you say it keeps showing the TV channel when you try to connect something else to composite input... I am assuming you are useing a VCR or something with a tuner through the composite input of the projector.

When you tried the S video, did you remove the TV cable from the composite? Have you tried the cam through composite?

I think my Vidikron had a switch for composite and S video. I would try shutting down the projector.. hook up something to the S-video and turn the projector back on. Don't give up.. It took me a week to figure out how to turn on my first projector.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My projector does have a built in tv tuner. Not a very good one though. I have found a source of a remote and it should be arriving some time next week. Hopefully that should help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.