AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just demoed Vienna Acoustics Webern and other wall mounting speakers. I am not an audiophile, only a want to be as I heard a pair of US$5000 in the next room that blew my mind away.

Anyone familiar with these or who can comment on a set of HI-fi speakers in a somewhat tight space under $5000? Better yet, under $3000?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
What did you think of the Weberns? I have a friend who needs to put together a home theatre in which he wants to hang a plasma TV on a fireplace. Therefore, a low profile speaker system is key. I haven't auditioned them yet, but I'm curious to find out what you think.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They sounded great - I'm not an audiophile (again), only a wanna be. I'm about to execute the purchase unless I hear better ideas from the group here, which I usually do . . .

·
Registered
882 Posts
I've owned VA spkr setup (mahler/oratorio/waltz) since November & love them.

(So consider my bias.)

Just heard the Weberns & was amazed considering the small/narrow cabinets.

If you don't mind spending the $ to go high-end you won't be sorry, IMHO.

I still have no regrets.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hi Elliot,

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right.

Are you looking for wall mounted speakers? If so, there are very few that can be considered serious contenders by "audiophiles".

Is it possible you can use smaller monitors?

In that price range, there are some very serious contenders for true audiophile sonics. ($3000 - $5000)

Anytime you place a speaker on or in a wall you order up a host of reflection and refraction problems that are really difficult to solve.

Additionally, with "in room" speakers you can move them around, where once an "in wall" is in the wall, it cannot easily be moved.

Even in a small space it can be amazing the sonic result if "in room" speakers.

How big is your room?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.