AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after listening to the VA Mozarts, B&W 704s & the DA Contour s1.4s I have narrowed it down to either the VAs or the DAs. Any feedback or thoughts anyone? I found the B&Ws were a little too bright and lacking a little of the lower tighter bass undertones. I found it surprising that the DAs which are bookshelf speakers mounted on a speaker stand had lower tones than the B&Ws. The VAs were ofcourse tight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey there,

I read your previous posts about your choices for your ht setup and was wondering if you could tell me how you decided between the pioneer elite sc-05 and vsx-03txh to power your speakers. I decided on 5 VA waltz speakers because I can't adequately position floor speakers in my family room.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,264 Posts
I would choose the Dynaudio since they're going for a more accurate sound. The VA's I owned (including the Mozart - latest version) had a creamy midrange that I found ultimately too colored. You need to decide which sound you prefer and go with that.

·
Registered
244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramr /forum/post/15452781

So after listening to the VA Mozarts, B&W 704s & the DA Contour s1.4s I have narrowed it down to either the VAs or the DAs. Any feedback or thoughts anyone? I found the B&Ws were a little too bright and lacking a little of the lower tighter bass undertones. I found it surprising that the DAs which are bookshelf speakers mounted on a speaker stand had lower tones than the B&Ws. The VAs were ofcourse tight.

I own the S1.4s and happen to like the VAs as well, both are excellent choices. IMO the S1.4s needs good electronics to make them sing while the VAs seems easier to drive (I could be wrong here). Audition and listen to them longer and if possible in your home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts