AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy my first pair of decent speakers for my home theater. I'm looking for some smaller bookshelf-sized front speakers that can provide the best sound quality for their size.

Here's the equipment I currently have:

Denon 1805 Receiver

Definitive Technologies Procinema surround speakers and center channel

I use my system for about 80% movies and 20% music.

So my question is...I was thinking of purchasing either the Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grands or the Focal Chorus 807Vs. Which of these two do you think are best and if you think there might be an even better alternative let me know as well?

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Two different sounds. Focal is known for being bright, detailed, clear. Vienna Acoustics is known for being thick, warm and sweet. Coming from Def Tech, you'll probably like the Focals better, unless you're looking for something different. I generally see Vienna Acoustics as being designed more for 2 channel.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioArchitect /forum/post/0

Focal 807v is an audiophile speaker, designed for accuracy whereas the Vienna Acoustics is a music speaker, voiced to be inaccurate to make the sound appeal to some music listeners.

With a movie system the Focals are great.

That very well could be the truth. But what do you prefer? Would you say dynaudio is accurate even though i hear they have a laid back sound?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.