AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldhiii  /t/1470983/viera-link-app-feature-not-available-on-st60#post_23270056

I have been trying to go to this app so that I can turn my st60's speakers off. How do I get this feature turned on?

Is your TV connected thru HDMI ?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Viera Link is Panasonic's branding for HDMI-CEC. I can't access this setting either because I have HDMI-CEC turned off on my receiver (a Denon, it's called HDMI Control). When I turn that on, I can then access the settings for Viera Link, and set it to change the receiver volume instead of the TV volume when I press the volume button. So you need to have a receiver that supports HDMI-CEC, and have it turned on, in order to access Viera Link.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My tv is connect to my Directv box via HDMI. I then have my tv connected to my sound bar via the digital audio out port on the back of the tv. I also have my Panasonic blue ray player connected via HDMI. When I click on the viera link app, all I see is "viera link control" with "player beside it. When I click on this it controls my blue ray player.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After purchasing a pans 50 st 60 I also purchased a sonos play bar to accompany it. Sadly it is impossible to disable the internal speakers on any panasonic tv via viera link UNLESS you have a panasonic HTS.

I am a panasonic retailer and a sonos retailer and have been in contact with both companies direct and there is no work around. Sorry guys. Blame Panasonic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.