AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
74 Posts
Unfortunately not - at least not to modern 3D standards.

The effective minimum is 60fps or higher per eye, which requires a raw display output of 120fps, far more than the Kuro video processing board is capable of.

It's possible to view 3D content on Kuros at 30fps per eye using the first generation of 3D classes, but you'll get a headache in no time. I tried it on a CRT and the alternation is clearly apparent, even with contrast lowered. The 3D isn't that effective either - it's similar to "magic eye" that you can't quite get to match up.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
No, the screen has to be designed to send out multiple images at different angles (for stereoscopic 3D at least two) and also needs faster phosphors to be able to put out 60fps to each eye. Kuros can not do that. If Pioneer had stayed in the business I'm sure 2010 Kuros would have been able to and then some, but that's now water under the bridge. If you want 3-D presently, your best bet is either the Panasonic VT25 or one of the 3-D Sammy's.

·
Registered
15,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutarsky /forum/post/19599221

Details: I hate 3D!!!! Was asking only because I've read about the ps3 firmware update....

The update is to allow watching of 3D movies on a 3D display!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.