AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of these and want to compare notes. Works great, audio level stinks but I can amplify that and obviously this thing has no issues with HDCP at all (right?).

So far, I can record from anything, run it through this and use the svideo and audio inputs on my DVD recorder (standard definition). it's working great -- HOWEVER -- wish I knew of one that is better quality as far as color accuracy.

It's a great picture but loves to put an orange hue on flesh tones. (not really complaining because it has a lot to do taking the HDMI to analog).

Do they make these that have professional specifications? Anyone know the chip they're using in this?

THANKS

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
The Gefen won't work with HDCP protected sources. The HDFury devices which convert to component video are known for their great color accuracy.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks -- looked at trying to find a component input DVD recorder (standalone) but no luck. Thought about that initially. Because it's called an HDfury my guess is it won't have Svideo on it.

Any suggestions on other boxes that may be better than the one I have? I must have gotten an older one that is NOT HDCP compliant -- I imagine those are a thing of the past now.

I like it but like I say, very faulty flesh tones.

Nothing like just hitting record and walking away though -- this business of ripping, encoding, burning etc I don't have time for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts