AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've finally decided that the Panny X54 series is the choice for me. Now my only question is "53 or 47".

It'll be going in my basement for my home theater/computer room/running room. My normal viewing position is about 9' away from my current 36". I do use my treadmill while watching TV and it's about 45 degrees off center. I know I'm going to have reduced PQ while on the treadmill but it's just to keep my brain occupied while I run.

What's the concensus on proper size screen in this scenario?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
117 Posts
from 9 feet...i'd definately go 53". i measured 10 feet from my setting area to my 51" hitachi and i found it to be a lil too far away and moved my couch up at least a foot and a half. and i m considering moving it further.

u'll kick urself if you get the 47" cause u'll be amazed at it's size at first, but after a month, u'll want bigger. 53" will give you the most options in terms of screen size.

·
Registered
232 Posts
get the 53! i had the same choice as well, and my wife said "for 200 bux more, we aint buying that dinky little 47!" now i gotta keep her ;)

btw, you might have a problem watching the set while on the treadmill. not from the horizontal angle (i get 45* side-to-side), but from the vertical angle. not only will you be standing up, but you will also be a few inches higher than the floor. until you are about 12 feet away from the set, the picture will be a little dark. not too bad in a dim room.

sm.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies... me thinks there is no longer a question...

As for the viewing angle on the treadmill, I realize it'll be reduced PQ but as mentioned, it's just to keep the brain occupied. That and the mill has me about 11-12' from the set so hopefully it won't be too bad.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SpruceMoose
get the 53! i had the same choice as well, and my wife said "for 200 bux more, we aint buying that dinky little 47! now I gotta keep her...;)

sm.
Just curious, do you mean you you gotta keep the 53" tv, or you gotta keep your wife ? (either way, you're probably making out okay).

:D

·
Registered
232 Posts
i think i had better keep both. i dont think i can fit the panny into my jeep. especially if i am sleeping in it! ;)

sm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.