AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been alot of debate and opinions about both of these plasmas. But I wanted to know if anyone actually knows of a place I can go and view the Fujitsu 63" (P63XHA30WS) and SONY 61" (KDE61XBR950) Plasmas in person?

I live in the Washington DC Metro area but would travel wherever to view it. Does anyone know any authorized dealers that have either of these on display? There is a lot of opinions and theory about which one is better being throne around here, but ultimately I would like to view these two babies for myself.

I am looking to purchase this plasma in April/May so I would like to start evaluating the picture quality and features of each first hand. This is a HUGE purchase, like buying a new car, so I would like take each of these for a test drive.

I was also considering the Samsung 70" Plasma, but I am not sure if it will be availible before this summer. If anyone has ANY information on when I could preview and purchase, please pass it along.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gregg

·
Super Moderator
21,698 Posts
I am looking into these same displays as well

as luck would have it, Fujitsu is sponsoring an HDTV seminar at my local Harvey Electronics in Eatontown, NJ on 29 Jan; I have been told they will demo the new P63 (they also carry the Sony 61)

they also have seminars at other Harvey locations on other dates in Ct, NY and NJ

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
And Mr. Rubin has experience with shootouts, so his opinions from next week ought to be veddy interesting....

:)

The Other Mark R.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mark.

My parents and in-laws both still live in Northern NJ. Too bad this seminar is on a Thursday or else I would have come up. Please find out if they are going to have BOTH the Fujitsu 63 and SONY 61 on display permanently. If so I would like to drive up to NJ the following weekend (1/31 and 2/1) and preview both.

I look forward to your comments and feedback.

I bought my Samsung DVD-HD1000 from the Harvey's in Eatontown. They shipped it down here to me in VA very quickly when it first came out. I had a very good experience with them and would not mind purchasing from them in the future.

Keep me posted on whether or not they will have the Fujitsu on display for an extended amount of time and if you know of any other seminars on a weekend?

Thanks,

Gregg

·
Super Moderator
21,698 Posts
I was in there yesterday- they have:

- LG 60" plasma on display

- original Fujitsu 61 on display still looking for a home for over a year

-Sony 50" plasma on display with sign that says 61 is in stock(but not on display)

-largest Fujitsu on display is the P50

-numerous Sharp/Samsung/Pioneer plasmas on display

-Fujitsu P63 is due in (hopefully) for the demo (29 Jan 3 PM)

Havey does a good job with setup of displays so I am hoping both will be there

the other Fujitsu demo in NJ is Paramus same date 7 PM

maybe I will finally meet TrainerDave?

if any news, I will post

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Gregg, I know where you can see the 63 Samsung. Not sure if that helps you or not, but I could show you mine this weekend in Alexandria.

E. J.

·
Registered
798 Posts

Originally posted by markrubin

- LG 63" plasma on display

Mark, is that a typo or does LG now have a 63" ?? I thought they have only have a 60" in production?

The third Mark R.

·
Super Moderator
21,698 Posts

Originally posted by CMR

Quote:
Originally posted by markrubin

- LG 63" plasma on display

Mark, is that a typo or does LG now have a 63" ?? I thought they have only have a 60" in production?

The third Mark R.
You are correct- I edited my post- the LG is 60"

·
Registered
798 Posts
Now if you would have said the 76" ....then we would be talking!!!

What was your initial impression of the LG?? Was it their newest model??

Just curious?

Mark

·
Super Moderator
21,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CMR

What was your initial impression of the LG?? Was it their newest model??

Mark
not sure if it was the latest model

my initial impression was the old Fujitsu 61 looked better than the LG 60

moreover some of the 50" plasmas nearby looked sharper and better than the 60: so I am concerned that going up to a 60+ plasma with the same resolution as a 50 may not be worth it

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
Mark,

What about at viewing distance. Shaper but squinting doesn't help :)

I remember my 13" old analog black and white loooked sharper (more apparent resolution) than a 27" B&W. Is it the same phenomenon or do you think the quality control is better on the 50" models?

Can't wait for 1920x1080 on >50", so I'm in the waiting game (despite qualitative difference between 3rd and 4th gen Pios).

Tim

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
The newest LG's they showed at CES = much promise... Including thr 76"... Not ready yet, but promising.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.