AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sit 9 ft. away and have been happy with my 55 LCD. I'm buying a new TV and thinking of stepping up to 65 inch. However, I want to make sure I won't be too close for Comcast cable tv. I only watch HD channels, but aren't most of those still in 720p/1080i? Would the 720/1080i picture quality be worse at 9 ft on a 65 compared to a 55? That is my concern.

I play a lot of ps4 games and watch some HBO so those would be better on a 65 in 1080p or 4K. However, I also watch a ton of normal tv shows, sports, etc just want to make sure those won't look worse on 65 than my current 55. Thx

·
Registered
16,730 Posts
Go to your local B&M, find a 65" demo tv, pace off 9', and just watch it for awhile, switching channels if you can for different content. What looks acceptable to you is purely a personal preference.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
At 9' with a 65" TV. you are near the range where you can see the difference between 4k and 1080p resolution but still on the side where they look the same in resolution. 1080i and 1080p are the same resolution, so they will look the same, the difference being that the interlacing can cause some motion blur with fast viewing images. The TV will scale all your inputs to 4k so it should look good on your TV. Just make sure the screen does not look too large for you at that distance. I sit about 12' from my 70" but 9-10' is a comfortable viewing distance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts