AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I just tried hooking up my old eDimensional shutter glasses to my Benq GP-20 DLP projector. It's 3D ready and goes up to 120Hz for this purpose.

I connected my proj. to my pc and fired up a 3d movie in stereoscopic player set to software pageflip.

The image looks nice without the glasses on, double of course.

but...

When I look trough the activated glasses, I do get 3d but the colors look like they are only 8-bit. (no smooth transition between colors)

-I remove the glasses from my nose and the colors look ok.

I cannot understand this. It's totally weird. Are the glasses too slow for the DLP or something like this?

Can someone please explain what is going on?

·
Registered
813 Posts
My guess is they are too fast (as in too narrow/short "open" time), and catch only one sector of the color wheel (that is, as if the wheel's speed is x1).

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Those glasses were intended for use on CRT monitors in interlaced 3D mode about 12yrs or more ago. Have no idea if they work on DLP. Isn't there a dongle that attacheds between the Vcard and monitor to sync the glasses?

Edit: Ask These guys. I know Cybereality has used them. http://www.mtbs3d.com/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My guess is they are too fast (as in too narrow/short "open" time), and catch only one sector of the color wheel (that is, as if the wheel's speed is x1).
That's probably it! I bought some cheap dlp glasses off ebay and they work, well not great, but better :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts