AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While viewing a 2:35-1 widescreen movie on a Pioneer Pro 1000 (Elite) plasma, I noticed that the horizontal black bars (at top and bottom) were smaller, and faces in the DVD video were thinner than on the Fujitsu P50 next to it. The salesman said that's because the Pioneer model overscans, and that the image could not be adjusted to make it the same as the Fujitsu. Do all Pioneer plasmas display 2:35-1 DVD material this way? Is it really not adjustable?

·
Registered
888 Posts
I found that when using a DVD palyer Vs. my HTPC the DVD player's 2:35.1 image was a little taller and there seems to be a slight squish on the 503. When using the HTPC at native rate 1280 x 768, anamorphic 2:35.1 DVD's seem to be represented accurate as the picture is slight smaller and everyone is in the correct proportions. I believe this is a function of the internal Pioneer Scaler. With the HTPC the internal scaler is bypassed. I assume you are using the full setting for DVD's?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by pciav
I assume you are using the full setting for DVD's?
I don't know what setting that dealer used. He said it could not be changed. Today, I went to another Pioneer dealer and did not see that problem with 2:35-1 DVDs. Also, today's dealer was able to switch between several modes, but could not duplicate that "squeezed" look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.