AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hooked up my DVD player to input 1. How can I watch "live" video from input 1? I don't want to record it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry, Anything that if fed through the replay is automatically recorded..hence when watching something through the vid inputs it is always being recorded. Your best bet to avoid this problem is to bypass the replay when it comes to viewing other devices. hook the compnent directily to your reviever or tv.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I meant to ask was, is it possible to watch input 1 or 2 without setting up a manual record first? i.e. how do I switch to input 1 or 2 as the output?

·
Registered
290 Posts
It depends on which model RTV you have.

Older ones (4K and older) have an input button on the remote.

Newer ones (5K) have the same ability, but without a button on the remote, you have to go to Menu, Setup, Input to select an alternate input.

edit: if this is something you want to do frequently, you might want to obtain one of the older remotes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Check the FAQ--I believe that there's a shortcut to switch input on the 5xxx series. If memory serves, it's 888 zones.

·
Registered
290 Posts
That does appear to be the case.

From the FAQ Secret Codes page:

Bill Cochell added on 12/25/2003:

888-Zones while watching live TV will bring up the ReplayTV Input option. I've only tried it on my 5040.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.