AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Panasonic E55S and a ES10 Video Recorder. I have recorded on part of the disc but have not finalized it. I know you can't view it on other DVD players or recorders until it is finalized, but is there a way to view it on my computer and/or make a copy of what is on there before finalizing to view on other standalone players or a computer? I can't even get the computer to recognize the disc.

I have 2 of the last 4 episodes of Six Feet Under on this disc and I want to put the final 2 on the same disc, but a friend would like to watch the 2 on there. I don't know if there is a way without finalizing it or not... :confused:

BTW, I have an LG DVD Burner and a Sony DVD Burner and I am using a DVD-R to record with.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
ES10 has a hard drive, right? Why not record BACK to the hard drive and then burn onto a DVD-RW, which you can finalize and then they can return to you?

Though they should just wait and rent it from Netflix or somesuch themselves!

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I could be wrong? But I thought you could still playback a DVD in the recorder that made the DVD without finalizing disc? if so you can just dub the 2 episodes to your other recorder & finalize that DVD for your friend & you would still be able to add more episodes onto the disc that you din't finalize. Maybe other people with a lot more knowledge about computers & etc than me will chime in & help you out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Neither of mine has a hard drive :(

They can be played on the one they were recorded on np...but he wants to play it on his at home (not a Panasonic) or his computer.

I suppose if worse comes to worse, I could move one recorder to the other room and copy from one to the other.

You would think there is a way for a computer to read it without being finalized tho..that would be much easier ;)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Isobuster should let you pull the unfinalized material from the discs to the computer where you could reauthor that portion on a new disc.

But if you going to go to that much trouble, maybe you should just finalize it, copy it, give your friend the copy and put the next two episodes on a new disc. Discs are a lot cheaper than time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.