Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried asking the following over in HTPC but didn't get any feedback:

Hi,

I'm trying to find a way to run Component Video sources through my computer to upscale the image to at least 1024x768 (higher is allways better). I've found very little in the way of Component Video imput cards for computers and although I use the computer for DVD I'd like to use it with my video game systems as well (PS2, XBOX). Now I came across this device from Viewsonic and I was wondering if anybody had tried it yet? Or has anybody run up against this problem and found a solution?

Greg

·
Registered
64 Posts
Unfortunatel the last time I tried the search engine here wouldn't accept "N6" as a search target (too short). Otherwise I'd suggest you do a search and read all the reviews.

I have an N6 and I'm still not sure if it's what I want or not. It's not the best scaler, but it is about the cheapest thing that will do component to 1024x768, and it seems to do it okay.

You might also scout around ebay. Somebody right now is selling a Kramer unit that scales just about everything to everything, and last time checked the bid was at $127. Look for item number 2983551651.

I found it by setting up a search for ("line doubler", "video processor", "video scaler") . That seems to catch just about everything.

- sj

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have compared the VB50 to the Kramer unit. I don't have the N6 to compare to.

The Kramer isn't much better, but it does have PIP :)

Andrew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.