AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three pairs of Viewsonic PGD 150's. I've been pleased with their performance so far, but recently one pair develop a crack in the left arm. A few days later a second pair came up with a crack in the same area, rendering both of them virtually useless. Anyone else having this problem? They haven't had more than five hours worth of use. No children are involved, only adults.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayoldschool
Yes, same problems for me. Lots of other posts on the same issue in the DLP glasses thread after I reported it.
Do you have a link for that thread?

I emailed Viewsonic and they acted like I was the first one with this problem. Even requested a photo of the crack in the arm before they would issue a RMA.

·
Registered
664 Posts
A buddy of mine used them a couple of days ago and sure enough, cracked arm. If you purchased them from Amazon then process a return and list them as defective. Other than the stupid thin strips of plastic on the bendable part of the arm, they're actually really well built. But that one design flaw is a bugger, and yeah no way will these survive in a classroom environment. I hope viewsonic offers some sort of upgraded part or trade in at some point. Not gonna cross my fingers on that, most likely they'll do a production run revision and call it a day.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a portion of Viewsonic's latest email:

'Due to the nature of your request, we would have to forward your case to our escalation team. Please send us a photograph of the damages on the glasses."

Hilarious. "nature of your request" "escalation team" "send a photo"

I guess I'll have to go through Amazon.

·
Registered
306 Posts
i live in canada and i called them on the # listed on the instruction book.they where very helpful and i mailed then to an address here in canada and received a new pair from California.my problem is they don't work with my model tv.i have unusable nonreturnable 3d glasses sitting collecting dust.so far my experience with 3d is quite frustrating.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by knobby /forum/post/19552265

i live in canada and i called them on the # listed on the instruction book.they where very helpful and i mailed then to an address here in canada and received a new pair from California.my problem is they don't work with my model tv.i have unusable nonreturnable 3d glasses sitting collecting dust.so far my experience with 3d is quite frustrating.

That's unfortunate to hear, I was just about to order a couple of pairs from Amazon now that they're back in stock. At least it sounds like Viewsonic is willing to do exchanges.

BTW are you selling yours on Kijiji? I Just noticed a pair for sale in London.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by knobby /forum/post/19552265

Sorry if I missed it but which 3D TV model do you have?

I am looking to get a pair for the hl67a750 Samsung LED, as well as the Acer H5360 projector. I know they'll work fine with the projector...however the TV is the question.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Have 2 of these glasses and was hoping the cracked arm was just a bad batch that I would not have to worry about. Well seemingly out of the blue one of my glasses had a crack appear (well actually they are broken, but the foam padding is holding them in place). I am telling you the other night they were fine and tonight they just broke. About 3/4 of an inch from where the slits are on the side. I sent an RMA request to viewsonic. Purchased on Oct 31st from Buy.com got them on Nov 3rd. So almost 2 months of use (not every day either) and boom. I even handled them with care and placed them in the box after use. You should not have to handle something like this that delicately. Now I know they need some gentle handling as they are electronic and special lenses, but this is sad indeed. They work beautifully.

·
Registered
697 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by avshtpcbob /forum/post/19737547

Have 2 of these glasses and was hoping the cracked arm was just a bad batch that I would not have to worry about. Well seemingly out of the blue one of my glasses had a crack appear (well actually they are broken, but the foam padding is holding them in place). I am telling you the other night they were fine and tonight they just broke. About 3/4 of an inch from where the slits are on the side. I sent an RMA request to viewsonic. Purchased on Oct 31st from Buy.com got them on Nov 3rd. So almost 2 months of use (not every day either) and boom. I even handled them with care and placed them in the box after use. You should not have to handle something like this that delicately. Now I know they need some gentle handling as they are electronic and special lenses, but this is sad indeed. They work beautifully.

When you say "foam padding" are you talking about the reddish reinforcing material on the inside of the arms?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This sounds exactly like mine. They first developed a small hairline crack in the arm and then broke completely in the "vent' area. I am curious as to how Viewsonic customer relations reacts to your request for an RMA. In the photo I have the arm taped in order to show the location of the first crack. The second pair still only have the crack they are not broken in the vent area.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick [D]vB
ouch!

Going to be more carefull with my ZD101s now...
It would be impossible to be "more careful" with the glasses than we were. They only handled by three senior adults for viewing four 3D DVD's. That's it. They are incredibly flimsy.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcdon7230 /forum/post/19748318

It would be impossible to be "more careful" with the glasses than we were. They only handled by three senior adults for viewing four 3D DVD's. That's it. They are incredibly flimsy.

jmcdon7230. Looks like yours broke in two spots. The more common seems to be where the slits are. Mine broke further down on both arms where your other break is at. So sad. And I too took care of them. I get real defensive when Viewsonic questions my care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmalter0 /forum/post/19744156

When you say "foam padding" are you talking about the reddish reinforcing material on the inside of the arms?

pmalter0, yes.

Side note. Went through email with Viewsonic. sent pics. they now referred me to the parts department. started case# with them on phone. sending them my receipt from buy.com. my receipt just so happens not say PGD-150, but says "STEREOGRAPHIC 3DSHUTTER GLASSESPERP1000:1 CONTRAST 2MS" (buy.com has since corrected this). Viewsonic wanted my receipt to have the serial number and the item description. Well I have neither so we will see what happens. Joy!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Side note. Went through email with Viewsonic. sent pics. they now referred me to the parts department. started case# with them on phone. sending them my receipt from buy.com. my receipt just so happens not say PGD-150, but says "STEREOGRAPHIC 3DSHUTTER GLASSESPERP1000:1 CONTRAST 2MS" (buy.com has since corrected this). Viewsonic wanted my receipt to have the serial number and the item description. Well I have neither so we will see what happens. Joy![/quote]

I'm going through the same runaround with Viewsonic. I have sent them a photo through email and I'm now awaiting a response. They have acted as if mine were the first ones to ever break. I'm not confident of a successful outcome considering their tone.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts