AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing some research on the ViewSonic PJD6544W projector and wanted to get some expert advice on this projector to see what others though of this for use as a Home Theater projector. Thanks!

Clinton

·
Registered
140 Posts
Are you looking at this as an indoor/outdoor projector or both? For outdoor, it looks pretty good. 3500 is plenty of lumens, 15,000:1 is excellent contrast. It will show a 16:9 image (native 16:10), so you're good there. For indoor, it may be really bright, even in eco mode, but it has memory settings, so you could set one for indoor and one for outdoor, cutting back the brightness when indoors. That's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you looking at this as an indoor/outdoor projector or both? For outdoor, it looks pretty good. 3500 is plenty of lumens, 15,000:1 is excellent contrast. It will show a 16:9 image (native 16:10), so you're good there. For indoor, it may be really bright, even in eco mode, but it has memory settings, so you could set one for indoor and one for outdoor, cutting back the brightness when indoors. That's my 2 cents.

Thinking for occasional get together as outdoors and for mostly home theater indoors. I may want it in a lighter room, so the increased lumens may be worth it. Thanks!

Clinton

1 - 3 of 3 Posts