1280x800 native resolution

500 ANSI lumens

2000:1 contrast ratio

LED light source up to 20000 hours

I like the remote. better than Qumi.

I am waiting for it... or ACER... or Optoma ML500

·
Registered
Quadruple Stack w/ JVC RS2000/N7| Runco Q750 | DPI M-Vision Cine LED | Benq HT9050
5,638 Posts
Need more pics

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Compared to its clones, the Optoma ML-500 and Acer K330, am i the only one who feels that the odd orientation of the control panel on the Viewsonic PLED-W500 scream "cheap Chinese aesthetic design" ? Why have it placed at such an odd angle ?

As i posted before, unless there are substantial difference in menu options, specifically video calibration controls and/or unit turns out to be poorly designed (Qumi + focus issues), aesthetically speaking i am all over the Optoma ML-500, my upcoming new 500 lumens LED projector, hopefully...

·
Registered
Quadruple Stack w/ JVC RS2000/N7| Runco Q750 | DPI M-Vision Cine LED | Benq HT9050
5,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto /forum/post/0

Compared to its clones, the Optoma ML-500 and Acer K330, am i the only one who feels that the odd orientation of the control panel on the Viewsonic PLED-W500 scream "cheap Chinese aesthetic design" ? Why have it placed at such an odd angle ?

As i posted before, unless there are substantial difference in menu options, specifically video calibration controls and/or unit turns out to be poorly designed (Qumi + focus issues), aesthetically speaking i am all over the Optoma ML-500, my upcoming new 500 lumens LED projector, hopefully...

It's my number 1 led projector. I was thinking about the Casio which is a lot brighter, but every reviewer gives it bad reviews. With my HP screen, I think its a good combo on a 120in screen

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 /forum/post/20767521

It's my number 1 led projector. I was thinking about the Casio which is a lot brighter, but every reviewer gives it bad reviews.

Art Feierman gave it runner up 2 years in a row in its class,the casio is a whole different level above.

·
Registered
5,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat /forum/post/0

Art Feierman gave it runner up 2 years in a row in its class,the casio is a whole different level above.

I message him about it has a hdtv projector and he said it won't give me the HD quality that I am looking for. And who knows if these 500 lumens will. I'm used to my Marantz for hdtv. I don't know, I'm not hoping for excellent HD with these led projectors but I want the best from these 500 lumen led projectors or the Casio. I was about to buy one of the casios about 3 times but every time I do, its always a new review that I come across. The owners of the Casio loves them, that's why I'm on the fence and waiting to hear about these clones compared to the casios.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
1022$ FROM Chinese Yuan Renminbi(CNY 6580.00)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by qin66 /forum/post/20771604

QUMI Q2 in china CNY 5600.00

869.31 usd

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
869.31 usd is the qumi price in china

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
RBE and CA should not be lumped together -2 different things .

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wonder if the PLED-W500 is able to handle screens above 80" size (focus?)? So far the spec is saying the size range is between 30 "to 80". My max screen is just 90" and yet out of the range.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
That 30"~80" diagonal maximum screen size spec cannot be right, it doesn't even make sense considering that currently sold 250~300 lumens LED presentation pjs such as the LG HX350T are spec'd for screens up to 80" diagonal and these 500 lumens pjs should be considerably brighter.

My understanding is that they are recommended for screens up to 120" diagonal, although i'd imagine that a high-gain screen would help matters as well.

Looking at the picture, it could very well be that the rest of the spec sheet listing sizes up to 120" diagonal was simply cut off due to space limitations...

·
Registered
279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto /forum/post/20773412

That 30"~80" diagonal maximum screen size spec cannot be right, it doesn't even make sense considering that currently sold 250~300 lumens LED presentation pjs such as the LG HX350T are spec'd for screens up to 80" diagonal and these 500 lumens pjs should be considerably brighter.

My understanding is that they are recommended for screens up to 120" diagonal, although i'd imagine that a high-gain screen would help matters as well.

Looking at the picture, it could very well be that the rest of the spec sheet listing sizes up to 120" diagonal was simply cut off due to space limitations...

Anyone know what the light-source is? Is it the PT-54 driven to death, or the PT-120?

1 - 20 of 296 Posts