AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running a CIH. Is there anyway to keep a paused blu-ray image up when adjusting zoom and lens shift? Right now I keep getting the 16:9 Viewsonic precision home screen. I have to keep goin back and forth and it takes awhile to get a 2.20:1 or 1.85:1 or 2.35:1 adjusted properly. It's very frustrating.

Joseph

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
That is strange. Have you tried another player? I wonder if somehow when in pause mode your player is not emitting a strong enough signal or something (usually the splash screens appear when the projector loses a signal).

You could also temporarily try component cables, just to see if the same thing happens.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Jason

I've tried 4 different blu-ray players. All the same. The Viewsonic goes to a specific screen that has fat dotted lines for adjusting 16:9 or 2.35 but for fine tuning you have to go back and forth often. The biggest problem is though amost films says it's projected at 2.40:1 they are not all the same even though the difference is minute. One movie could be like 2.39:1 another2.41:1 or even a fraction of those differences. So without a paused screen of an actual image from the disc it becomes a little frustrating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts