AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi All

I have the pro8200 projector, it was working fine, it works great with blu ray dvds and 720p files but 1080p in 16:9 mode i get fine black lines moving around horizontally, esp in the black areas of the image, also i have the imge jumping up and down sometimes a lot other times very fine jitter.

Bizarrely this goes away when i set the dvd player (lg) to 16:9 full but when letter box setting is chosen, it comes back.

It tells me that the projector is 60hz but my dvd player is 50 hz! does this have anything to do with it?

Im in NZ so power is 240vac.

has anyone else had this issue?

thanks

simon

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by srosefx  /t/1520090/viewsonic-pro8200-image-jitter-and-horizonal-black-lines-help#post_24415455

Hi All

I have the pro8200 projector, it was working fine, it works great with blu ray dvds and 720p files but 1080p in 16:9 mode i get fine black lines moving around horizontally, esp in the black areas of the image, also i have the imge jumping up and down sometimes a lot other times very fine jitter.

Bizarrely this goes away when i set the dvd player (lg) to 16:9 full but when letter box setting is chosen, it comes back.

It tells me that the projector is 60hz but my dvd player is 50 hz! does this have anything to do with it?

Im in NZ so power is 240vac.

has anyone else had this issue?

thanks

simon

The frequency shouldn't be a problem since it's compatible with your PRO8200. It's also compatible with your power.

Have you tried swapping out your HDMI cable?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Hi

I swapped out the cables and no difference.

problem is it never did this before only now its started to do this.

Whats interesting is the home screen on the bluray player doesnt have the lines, only when playing 1080p movies does it appear!

Theres a clue in that im sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts