AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 years the lamp of my Pro8200 exploded. I installed a fresh lamp 2 days ago bought from MyProjectorLamps and it still works fine after using for about 6 hours.

Yesterday, I started noticing a 'nerve-like' line flicking on top of the screen and color patch on the bottom right. I removed the new lamp and it looked like this:

Direct Link: http://i57.tinypic.com/2jesinb.jpg

Is this how lamp looks like after using for about 4 hours? The centre of the lamp was clean when it arrived. But there seems to be something sticking on it. Should I be worried?

Then I used a vacuum cleaner on the projector. It removed some dirt inside the projector. MPL advised its normal for the lamp to be like that and advised me to use it. I reinstalled the lamp. The 'nerve-like' line disappeared completely after cleaning. But the yellow patch still remains - it doesn't move or flicker. Its just there. Apart from this, the picture quality is amazing. Colours are flawless and everything else is just fine. The patch looks like this:

I request some expert advice on this. Can this be solved? If yes, how? Is this patch related to the colour wheel?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdaqua  /t/1524356/viewsonic-pro8200-lamp-question#post_24535287

Just buming. Can anyone help please?

Get a replacement or refund as quick as you can. That's not acceptable for a lamp to look like that after 2 days.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I spoke to MPL and they said there is no problem with the lamp as the picture looks good. They said they will send a replacement glass and the lamp itself need not be replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts